3.09.2015

POW!

Time to celebrate! I usually am pretty quick with having things on and off my needles. I like to not have too many WIPS ... I think I've always been this way, but especially so with work knitting.




These socks must be the exception though, as I had cast on for them last JULY. I always enjoyed knitting them, it's just that my selfish knitting took a back seat for a long time, so there would be weeks (and months) at a time that I wouldn't even look at this lovely project...



But the wait was totally worth it. Totally. I even love how they so perfectly don't match up ;)


I knew as soon as I saw this yarn in my hot little hands that they were going to be socks. I wanted them to be as long as I could make them as I really didn't want to waste any of the yarn.  I also knew I wanted the yarn to be the focal point of these socks, not the pattern. So vanilla socks it was! 



The little details are:
pattern: Gusset Heel Basic Socks by Wendy D. Johnson  -- I have the book Socks From The Toe Up, and I couldn't recommend it enough. I've used it often, and there are several patterns in the book that I want to knit! 
yarn: Regia Fluormania Color  no. 07184 neon beach
needles: US 0 / 2.0mm hiya hiya sharps


I am a big fan of the magic loop, so that's how I always knit my socks. These ones are toe up. (best way for me to use up the yarn). I have to say, it's the first time I have used both the hiya hiya sharps and the Regia yarn. I am a HUGE fan of both! The needles are so light, and I feel like a faster knitter when I use them. The Regia yarn you can bet I'll be using again for socks. It's not as soft as a lot of sock yarns out there, but I like that. I am hard wearing on my socks, so knowing these are tough and have a 10 year guarantee seals the deal for me! 


I am so pleased with these socks! I'm sure they will get heaps of wear! 

Now to quickly cast on another pair! I think having a pair of socks on the go at all times (no matter how long they take) is a fantastic knitterly plan. ;) 

Tell me, what are your favorite sock patterns, yarn & needles? Do tell! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...