1.20.2015

awaiting spring

One of the reasons why I love living on the West Coast is the early spring that we often get. Though the air has still been pretty chilly in the mornings.. (for us, that's just 3 or 4 degrees) I'm starting to see signs of spring!

(source)

This of course, gets me very excited for knitting. (lol, what doesn't?!) This is really such a nice time to be layering up in our hand-knits though. And so, sweaters, mitts, socks etc are still very popular knitting items in all of my news feeds.

The holidays (and months leading up to it) are always my busiest time of the year. This year proved no different. I'm sure that was evident in my lack of posts here. I cannot complain, because knitting for a living is a dream job for me, and I'm so fortunate to be able to do it. That being said, selfish knitting definitely takes a back seat.

I think it's been almost a year since I've really focused on knitting something for me. (apart from a test knit that I just happened to love, so it was kind of a double win there).. And so I'm finding myself really looking forward to this spring in the hopes that there will be a few items coming off the needles just for me.



There are so many things that I am looking forward to knitting. I definitely would like to try to have socks to tote around everywhere I go. They are such a portable project, and the amount of single skeins of fingering weight in my stash is astounding..... so there's that. Also, I have been trying to collect sweater quantities. This is important to me, as I was mostly feeling that I was limited in my options with only single skeins to work with.

So I see some exciting months ahead. Longer days coming, which means longer visits to the park (and knitting at the park!!)

Do you want to follow along with me on what will be on my needles this spring? Follow me on Instagram, and you'll be sure to see what's new for me.

Do you have big knitterly goals for the spring? Please share! I'd love to hear from you! Grab your big mug of tea and let's plan our next projects! xo

6 comments:

  1. LOVE that vibrant spring green yarn! I've been LOVING the signs of spring, it is my favourite time of the year, it gets my mind a wandering to planting seeds, digging in the dirt, and getting grubby in the veggie patch -- SO excited!!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting really excited to "garden" up my balcony! I just need it to be a LITTLE bit warmer. I'm hoping to use this green yarn soon!! yay! xo

      Delete
  2. That green is amazing! Can't wait to see what you make with it :) My main goal is to NOT buy more yarn ... LOL ... I actually really don't want to get to S. A. B. L. E.!!! I have a SQ of Malabrigo Lace in a gorgeous purple and 650 yd of Madtosh Feather in the Holly Kit, not to mention all the DK and fingering single skeins I seem to have acquired last year!
    I also have to find some projects to knit on our road trip to Disneyland coming up in March (woohoo)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disneyland?! YAY so fun! I bet I could fit in your suitcase! hhaha. I thought of telling myself not to buy more yarn but then I read on a friend's blog that it's important to support our indie dyers... That was all I needed to hear. lol!! xo

      Delete
  3. Lovely yarn!! I don't really have any goals - just to make more time for crafting... It's so calming, and yet I always seem to put it off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really so very calming. I love it. Even if you fit it in for about half an hour before bed... xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...