10.30.2012

please understand.....

these opportunities come so very rarely for me.....


gramma and papa have to fly back tonight. so that means, we have one more full day with them... and i haven't knit most of the weekend (sob!).... so today, guess what i'm doing?!
we actually didn't get around to carving the pumpkin yesterday... so i declare today to be arts & crafts day.
aka... pumpkin carving and knitting... and a LOT of coffee... and knitting.... and me time....


i feel like i've been going strong since before thanksgiving.... and i think it's time i just took a day to chill.... no?
i've got a market coming up in just a few weeks (eks) and really all i've been working on is selfish knitting. lol. but i'm getting so close to finishing up the sweater.... i just wanna wear it already!!

so tell me, while we are snuggled down in our rainy weather... thinking of friends and family who are hopefully all snuggled down and safe over on the east coast... what is it you are working on today? are you taking a mid-week break like me? i know i'm a lucky girl that i can just do this today... but remember, it hardly ever happens... and i think i need it :)

coffee's on. and i've found my favourite slippers.... let's knit! xo

8 comments:

  1. Oh, make the best of this day! I wish I couldnd home, cuddling with a cup of tea, knitting away on my stash for the craft fair! Enjoy the time with the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how are all of your preparations going for the craft fair? i'm getting to that point of list making and hunkering down for the next one :) xo

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday!
    After running around all week getting everything ready for our party on Saturday night, I finally hit the wall, and am laid up with a cold. So yesterday was spent knitting and eating leftover party snacks and drinking tea. Today I need to get to our local farm one last time before it closes for the season and stock up, but then I'm home with my knitting needles. I started a a hat for a birthday gift yesterday and I want to finish it today, and either start another gift, or get more done on my never-ending Wisteria sweater. It's sweater-wearing season!
    I'm incredibly lucky to have both sets of grandparents within minutes from me, but I can certainly appreciate how you need to take advantage if the extra loving hands aren't around all the time! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i hope you feel better soon! though i do think that drinking tea, eating leftovers and knitting is the best remedy for a cold, no? i sure was grateful to have the inlaws here, owen was pleased as punch to play... though i do wish i had taken more time for "me"... i ended up wanting to host.... so was in the kitchen lots. lol.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the time together...I've wondering about my grandpa (he's 90 and lives in NJ)...need to give him a call. ♥ Happy knitting to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope your grandpa is ok!! have you had a chance to contact him?? xoxo

      Delete
  4. I finally sewed up the seams to the sweet little baby sweater I knit a couple of months ago. I went to the cloth castle and bought the cutest little heart shaped button and I am sewing them on....I have to thank you Rebecca for inspiring me to do this after finding and ready your blogs and going to your little Nook at the cloth castle....I am so thrilled at the finished sweater, I have started the next one....thank you and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah heather! i can't wait to see this sweater! have you taken pictures? you could share it on nook's facebook page if you like! or just send me a pic if you don't mind. i'd love to see how it turned out!! nook's email is: rebeccanook@gmail.com
      what colour is the next sweater? xoxox

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...