6.05.2012

wrap me up

it's a very blustery day out today. and rainy, and dark. perfect for cuddling, book reading, and knitting... i just might throw in a little bread baking too...
i've said it before though, i love days like this every once in a while... they're so cozy. and after weeks of busy visiting time, and then a first camping trip.. i could use the break...
but let's talk knitting.. ok? i've got an f.o for ya.
remember this pretty skein? oh goodness it has behaved nicely :)


the honey cowl was the perfect pattern for it. this yarn was such a treat to work with. the merino is sooo soft. and i couldn't stop staring at it.. the colour changes were just eye-catching.. don't you think so?


it's the coziest. and i love it. greens and rust-oranges are some of my fave colours. very earthy... i don't think my pics do it justice, but you do have a pretty good idea i think. :) i will most definitely be knitting in madelinetosh merino dk again.

the pattern for the honey cowl has different options to work with, depending on the yardage you have.  because i had only 1 skein i could have done a shorter length, but i decided to cast on for the longest length.. and just knit to half of the width of the large size. personally i love it. 


when you're wrapping it around your neck twice, it's still a great length. not too short at all. it doesn't constrict and i'm super happy with how it's turned out.


i'm certain this lovely will get much wear out of it. it's just too pretty not to be worn. and for some reason, these colours make me think of my times at the cottage. of canoing, and hiking the "granny goat's path" and exploring our little "mica mine" (we have many nick names at our cottage...lol).

yes. this cowl gives me warm fuzzies.
it's a very easy knit. totally portable. you don't need to bring the pattern along with you. and the results are stunning.
i totally recommend it. i knit it on a 5.0mm. i'd love to try this pattern using 2 skeins as well. just sayin'.


and how are you keeping busy today? have you knit the honey cowl before? are you a fan of madelinetosh yarn (um i don't think i know of anyone who isn't..) any recent fo's popping up that give you warm fuzzies, and allow you to wander down memory lane? like i said it's a blustery, dark, damp day. i've got the coffee on, and soon the bread will be baking.. come chat! xo



14 comments:

  1. Oh my it's gorgeous! I love the honey cowl, I have started and restarted it several times and haven't found the perfect yarn for it. I might have to copy yours!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh do it! i wasen't sure if the multi colours would work, but it SO does. xo

      Delete
  2. I love it Rebecca! I have that cowl in my queue but can never decide on a colour/yarn. Your match up is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's beautiful. I have been planning to knit a honey cowl for a while now and haven't done it. I might just have to give in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love it! yes do it do it! maybe i'll knit another one, and we can have a honey cowl kal. xo

      Delete
  4. I'm afraid to make the honey cowl, as you know I hate knitting scarves and I'm scared that the honey cowl will be like a scarf...we'll see. I have a hank (not even wound up into a cake yet) of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock and I thought about this pattern but I'm thinking it'll end up knit up into a shawl.

    Yesterday though I was able to get some free yarn and a discount on a new knitting book, all I have to do is knit up a store sample...which I'm working on right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohh that sounds exciting! can't wait to see pics of the sample! honestly though, the honey cowl is a very easy, smooth knit. i loved it ;) ox

      Delete
  5. The combo of MadTosh and the Honey Cowl equals pure perfection!! Love this color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and yah, i was just thinking that the next time i knit up this pattern in the larger size, i should stick with the MadTosh. just so lovely! xo

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this colorway! It is a mix of all my favourite colors IN ONE SKEIN! I'm off to go find it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha wahoo! yes, this is a pretty one. i just HAD to buy it once it was in my hands ;) xo

      Delete
  7. I'm a fan of cowls!! Yours is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...