6.20.2016

Happy Rainbows

A good rainbow'd knit is just the ticket some days :)



This shawl happened a little while ago, and it's now in the loving arms of it's new owner :) I honestly loved knitting it. It was a very quick, potato ship knit. 


And the yarn? Caterpillargreen never disappoints, even her seconds skeins, which this one is. I basically wanted to create a crescent shawl in garter. Though I wanted to be sure that the color changes remained crisp and clean, so whenever there was a color change, I simply did that row in stockinette. It created a lovely, squishy shawl! 



The pattern I based this on is TGV ( High Speed Knitting) by Susan Ashcroft. It's such a fantastic pattern! I highly recommend. I didn't do the ribbed edging as I didn't want to draw away from the yarn, however I think the next time I knit this shawl, I'll try it as written, and with a single color) just for kicks. That being said, I've seen it with self striping yarns, and it looks fantastic! So you know, maybe I'll make a few more. ;) Also, I used a 3.75mm/US 5 needle. It ended up being a pretty massive shawl! 



This ended up being a shawl that was paid partially in trades. I scored a beautiful terrarium, and a much needed lesson on painting. I had never painted any rooms before, and I wanted to do Owen's room for him. I learned lots of great tips, and I'll definitely feel more confident and excited for my next painting adventure! 



Tell me, what's on your needles? xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...