11.20.2013

making a list.....

I don't know about you. but I thought I used to be able to stay up until the wee hours of the morning elving, and then getting up at 6:30am (or earlier) to tackle the day. for some reason I totally thought I had it in me to do that today.
link

ummmm no. ha. I did muster up the energy to make a pot of coffee pronto though. so that part is good. I wish I could say I was already elving though! and I know that will start oh so soon. so right now i'm trying to make lists, and decide which projects will take longer, and which need to be finished first.

I always have grand plans in my head, and then when I put it down on paper I seriously have to question my thought process. lol! I have to remind myself of the above... "it's ok to say no to unnecessary crazy". definitely. and while I absolutely love the spirit of handmade, I have to remind myself it doesn't mean a knitted advent calendar... or even necessarily anything knitted at all! it was a nice reminder. and made me less afraid this morning. ;)

so today I found this on pinterest.

link

and I totally think I have to create this. and honestly, what a perfect gift too! the link under the picture will take you to pinterest, but I've saved you a step. click here to go straight to the source. xo

and now as I go chug another cup of coffee, and get ready to volunteer at my son's book fair today... i'll be trying to realistically plan my gift giving. of course, there will be knitting in there too :)

how are you doing for the holiday gift giving? do you have a plan of attack? come chat. let's share tips, tricks, and even ideas! xo

4 comments:

  1. I have no plan of attack this year.... I'm so unorganized! And oddly unmotivated to get going! I even bought cards this year.... the first time in years that I have not made them. Oh well. This weekend I will get going! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so long as you're not stressed, right? xo

      Delete
  2. um HELLO i'm making that mix for me! How did I not hear/think of this? yum.

    Thanks for the reminder to "just say no" and be okay with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so important especially for crafters to learn to draw the line somewhere... then when would we take the time to craft for ourselves? right? and yah, cheers to the salted caramel hot chocolate! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...