9.19.2013

current crushes

i'm always crushing on yarn, that's no surprise. lol. but knit city is coming up, and I have grand plans to buy sweater quantities worth of yarn. what I want to figure out though is what yardage i'll need depending on the weight of yarn. there are lots of sweaters I want to knit up, but I don't want to choose exactly the sweater and then find the yarn for it... i'd rather do it the other way around if that makes sense? so I think i'll have a bit of research to do.. hopefully google has the answer though. ha. because I'm sure i'd rather be knitting than googling.
in the meantime, there are a few sweaters that have caught my eye. first up though, I'd have to check out my queue... but that's insanely long anyways... and searching at what's "hot right now" is probably just as effective.

but here's one sweater that i'm crushing...

photo from ravelry

I know you all know it. it's nanook. by Heidi Kirrmaier. there is something about this cardi that I love... probably everything. haha. I just love the idea of throwing it on and letting it fall where it may... and of course, it will be perfect.

photo from ravelry

redy by annestrick has been on my radar ever since it came out. maybe it's the colour but I would live in this during the holidays. I promise you. although i'm pretty sure this would be another tiny needles tiny yarn knit for me.

photo from ravelry
and then there is pomme de pin by amy christoffers. oh my goodness, I love everything about this look. it's got that casual flair to it, but with the lace.... weeee!!! and the colour? so fall, so cozy... so me!

so there you have it. there are plenty more, but these are the ones first and foremost on my mind today.. I clearly need an abundance of moola so that I can knit up everything I want to.. oh yah, it would help if I didn't need sleep, or have any other responsibilities whatsoever. including eating and going to the bathroom.

haha. but I do have responsibilities... I just volunteered for an event at my son's school.. it's just a couple of hours, and it will be fun handing out the hotdog lunch after the terry fox run.  :) and of course, the other knitting i'm working on is getting done too.. remember the secret gift knitting? i'm over halfway through the first one! wahoo!

at any rate. fall feels close by.. and i'm longing for the woolen sweaters to wrap up in for our walks to school in the morning. soon there will be toques and mitts added to the list of things to knit.. and it makes my heart happy...

what are you crushing on lately? xo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, First I have to say I love ready the terrible trio (you, Jane and Shannon). I now want to move to Canada and be besties with you all. In my fantasy there is no house work, no cranky kids just lots and lots of knitting and tea drinking. And no frogging!

    So, to the knitting, for some mad reason I offered to knit my 6'2" brother socks. He wants them in grey and plain - such fun! I'm itching to make some Hermione's everyday socks and everything Isabell Kraemer publishes, but I'm going to start her ravello sweater next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohmygoodness terri! that would be awesome! hhaha who knows, one day we might all meet up! i'm also a huge fan of everything isabell designs. I can't wait to see your ravello sweater! have a fantastic weekend. xo

      Delete
  2. I love all three of those! Pomme de Pin the most, probably, but all awesome. I hope you get to knit each one! I've been thinking I'd like to make Jaina next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that's a beautiful cardi! I had never heard of that one! so gorgeous!! I can't wait to see yours. xo

      Delete
  3. These are all awesome pics. I love wearing my Nanook cardigan and might have to knit another one in a more neutral color. The pomme de pin cardigan is gorgeous with that pretty lace pattern. Have fun deciding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh what yarn did you use your nanook with? xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...