9.27.2013

cascadia love

I'm sure a lot of you have seen, or heard about the buzz around about Cascadia. A new knitting book just recently released by the fab duo behind knit social. Amanda Milne & Fiona McLean have worked their magic (as best business partners do) and created a knitting book that showcases a beautiful love for the west coast. The patterns are stunning, and all by designers from the region, as well as local yarns that were used!


photo from ravelry

I am thrilled to tell you that I also played a small part in the making of this book, as a sample knitter! I so enjoyed knitting Redcedar. The fact that it made front cover just makes me uber happy! I had the pleasure of knitting with yarn by everything old, and it was amazing! Designer Emily Wessel, of tincanknits has such a talent and eye for lace. I loved loved this pattern! I promise you will too.

There are so many more to knit!! And what perfect timing of this book to be released! Just in time for Christmas gift knitting! (or selfish knitting).

have you checked out the book yet? what's first on your list of patterns to knit? xo

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that scarf alone is enough to make me buy the entire book. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that this book was well timed for Knit City. I bought Island last year at Knit City and this year I get to buy Cascadia! I think this has to become a yearly tradition where one of my favourite westcoast gals (or a group of you) release a new book every October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so well timed, hey? i'm sure you'll find a few more "surprises" at knit city this year! hheheh. make sure you find me!! we have to meet :) xo

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh how fun! Definitely checking this out!!!! Have a great weekend! :) ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have a fantastic weekend too!! xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. You are the best sample knitter in the West, Rebecca! We're so glad you are part of Cascadia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe xo I loved working with you and Amanda! also, it was so amazing to be a part of this dream of yours... I can't wait to work with you again! xo

      Delete
  5. I love every design in this collection & can't wait to cast on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...