9.11.2012

my classic raglan


 i. love. this. sweater. a lot. i actually finished it a long time ago ... but i really wanted nice pics of it. for that i have to thank one of my besties, shannon... aka luvinthemommyhood. :)
i loved knitting this sweater. the whole process really...
in fact, i've knit it twice, and i plan on knitting another one. it`s such a great go-to sweater project, with limitless possibilities.



the knitty-gritty of this pattern is:
(hee hee i'm so clever )
pattern: classic raglan pullover by jane richomnd (no big surprise here)
jane's designed this with so many sizes in mind. really it's a sweater everyone should knit.
yarn: i've used cascade 220 in the mustard-straw colourway. it's really one of my alltime faves. this colour. i loooove it.
needle: 5.0mm


the fit is perfect, i think :) it's warm, and seriously the sweater i almost always go for.




 

it's just so perfect for layering, and just right for this fall weather we're having.  the pattern is knit completely in the round, with very minimal seaming, just under the arms! and you'll just pick up stitches for the neckband. jane breaks it down so that you pick up the right amount of stitches in each segment. honestly, she's written the pattern to make it such an enjoyable knit for the knitter. 


 we had so much fun photographing this sweater. shan had me laughing lots. haha. and i know it makes a big difference in showing off your knits, having great photos.
thanks so much shannon for doing this for me! and thanks jane for writing such an awesome pattern!

have you dabbled in sweater knitting yet? or are you still stuck on toques and scarves? this is a great first time sweater and i highly recommend the pattern. are you in the victoria/westshore area? i'm teaching this sweater in one of my classes in the fall/winter lineup at the cloth castle. interested? give them a call, and register!
it's really a sweater every knitter should own.
but that's my opinion.


what's on your needles? are you cozying up with your fave sweater and a mug of tea today? xo

all photos are copyright luvinthemommyhood  . (thanks a ton shan! xo)

12 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I hope to have the patience to knit a sweater soon. Right now I'm way too ADD! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well when you're ready to knit one, i'd totally suggest one of jane's patterns. they're fabulous! xo

      Delete
  2. I neeed to knit this sweater. Yours just looks so fabulous on you! I love the color, PERFECT for fall. I just finished weaving in all the ends of my most recent an hour ago. Still need buttons though. Now onto the next sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! I really do love this sweater. I actually have used the same yarn, same colour for another sweater too, i love it that much :) OOooo i can't wait to see what you've just finished! what will the next one be? xo

      Delete
  3. Awww...thanks hun! And you are very welcome! You know how much I love taking pics of ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these pics just make me smile :) haha!! xo i owe you a starbucks.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks! this is seriously one of my fave colours... xo

      Delete
  5. It´s beautiful. I like a yarn and a colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweater and the color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...