8.30.2012

the coolest crocheted idea.

i always get a little excited when i find something new that would help to minimize my stash, but also make gift giving that much more special.
i know it's still technically august... but a lot of you are thinking ahead to holiday gifts... and organizing yourselves in terms of what to make, and who it should be for.
but really, not everyone will be able to have one of your fantastic hand-made items... will they?
it's time consuming!! but i did find something that you could create.. (if you're a crocheter... and even if you're not.. it's really the easiest thing to learn.. trust me this is a beginner pattern) that would just give that extra pow to the gift.

so if you have to have a store bought gift, you can still add the handmade touch to it...
ready?.. of course you are...


seriously. isn't this just the perfect idea?? i love it. this is a design by meredith of the blog one sheepsih girl. i've been following her blog for a little while. and i love it.  when i saw this little baby on pinterest, i actually recognized her nails. haha no i'm not a freak, but a lot of her photos have her pretty coloured nails in them, and the style just looked recognizable. ya know?



how freaking cool is this?! i love it. anyways, she had posted this on another site as a guest poster, and it really took me a long time to find the actual pattern, because the original site was changed, and then i had to go through the archives to find it. but i'm happy to say i finally did! haha!

so if you want to start stocking up on these nifty envelopes to add to your gift. (be it store bought, or handmade)...
head on over to this site where you can find the full pattern.

wahoo! happy hooking dear friends!

what are you up to today? what's on your hooks and or needles? i'm working on several things.. (of course). and one of which being the new monster for owen. this yarn is soooo squishy! but now i think i need to be hooking some pretty little envelopes! xo

11 comments:

  1. That's such a cool idea!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    My crochet skills aren't the best, but I'm thinking this would be awesome knitted too! And maybe a great way to use up those larger gauge swatches? Ooohhh....the wheels are turning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yessss! that would be great for knitting too!! xo

      Delete
  2. Pinned!
    crochet is my first love...I'm totally going to whip some of these up like, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw crochet in your title on my blog feed my heart leaped with a little excitement - you know how I have a crochet crush at the mo!! Anyway, so glad that, after weeks of being absent on hols, I came back in time to catch this post - imagine if I had missed it!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea, am going straight over to seek out that pattern - thank you!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just realised its from onesheepishgirl - I sooooo love Meredith's blog too! I love all her ideas, such a clever young lady - how come I missed this lovely little pattern?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yippeee for crochet!!! i'm happy you've come on over here today! this particular tutorial i believe is only on the other blog that i posted about... maybe that's why we've missed it on meredith's blog? dunno. but i agree. i love her crochet things! xo

      Delete
  5. That is adorable! I just started following her blog recently. I just love it. :) Thank you so much for tracking down the pattern for us!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're most welcome! i'm already excited to get my hook out! xo

      Delete
  6. See now this is right up my alley. I am a crocheter first so I'm gonna make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahoo! so excited! you'll have to share pics! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...