7.08.2014

casting on!

Remember when I told you I had nothing on the needles just for me? Well I've fixed that :) I just knew that this particularly bright skein would not stay in the stash for long... I just had to cast on!!!
I have to say I'm really excited about this because I rarely grab something "new" from the stash to knit with. yippee!!

Regia Fluormania Color 07184

And really, socks make the most portable knitting! I went to a beautiful wedding this weekend. There were 2 tables of us knitters, and  you can sure bet that I brought out these lovlies! It was neat to have all of us knitters there in our fancy dresses, and cocktails in hand... knitting away. haha! Then the next day our little family decided to take an impromptu road trip to Port Renfrew. Love road trips! (every knitter does, I think). We even saw a bear!

I'm really excited to see how these socks knit up. My hubby suggests that I keep them short, but I really haven't decided..

What do you think? Long socks (as long as the yardage will allow) or short, ankle socks? Do you prefer a certain length, or do you let the sock decide for you?

3 comments:

  1. I love the color of the yarn!!!

    I think I would do an in between length, longer than ankle but shorter than calf length.

    Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour!!! I like ankle length!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend has just knit a pair of socks in that very yarn! They are so bright and cozy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...