1.10.2013

warming up...

the coffee tastes especially good this morning. could be because the house is so cold, but it doesn't matter... the coffee is warm, and i've got plans to knit today.. because i finally cast on for twiggy!


and let me tell you. this will be a quick knit. with it being on 10mm needles, this cardi will practically knit itself! practically.... i mean i cast on late last night, and the collar is already done.  ;)

and really. it's a good thing that it's a quick knit because i really should be knitting for the market... and filling orders... so this is totally justifyable in squeezing this project in just for me. thank you jane for designing such an amazing instant gratification jacket! hurrah!


can you say uber squish factor? i can't wait to show it to you!

any quick knits just for you on the needles? i'd love to hear what you're knitting! and oh so soon i'll be swimming in madtosh. swoon. xo

12 comments:

  1. oh I'm all about the fast knits after all that christmas knitting. And I also want to knit for me! I'm almost done with Shalom... also bulky and quick, and Twiggy has been in my queue for EVER! You might just persuade me to cast on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i'll totally enable you! you know it!! xo

      Delete
  2. Oh Becca, I'm loving the colour, it's so perfect. You are totally making me want to knit a thick-and-quick instant-gratification super-bulky uber-comfy sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and don't you know it's the perfect project! i am loving the colour too! daring, i know with a little boy around, but i think it will be just perfect! xo

      Delete
  3. squishy squishy! Can't wait to see your finished Twiggy.

    And good for you for selfish knitting. Knitting for others has its own pleasure to afford, but hey, we totally deserve a treat every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah thanks hannah! i sometimes can't help but feel guilty about selfish knitting... but we totally deserve it! and besides, it makes me enjoy my "other" knitting that much more! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Nooooooo! Don't get me off track. Must. Finish. Current. Projects. First.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what? no you should have several projects on the go at the same time ;) hahaha (i'm so helpful, i know) ;)

      Delete
  5. Man, I'm DYING to cast on something new...but stupid me had to go make it a January goal to finish at least 2-3 WIPs from 2012 before I'm allowed something new. I've been craving a fast and instant gratification knit too! Can't wait to see your Twiggy when it's done. This is in my queue too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bonus is that i'm knitting this out of yarn that was on MAJOR sale on boxing week... and i'm sure that the more i wash it the softer and plusher it will get... (that's thick and quick for ya). ha.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...