4.03.2012

market talk

last weekend i did my second market! this was different from the last market, as it's springtime :) and not winter. haa.


i loved the challenge of trying to create items that would suit a spring market. because when you think wool, and knits... i gravitate to winter, and fall... it's good to be challenged. there were many oohs and aahs over the daisy bunting. loved making that! and almost all of the bunnies hopped away to a new home. as did a few other items. :)  i love learning new ways and techniques of trying to find the best way to market my product. my booth is still very new, and has a long way to go, but i'm enjoying every step of the way!

i just love the market atmosphere! and this one was pretty fun. one of the things i really liked was meeting other vendors...
there was so much talent at this event. and i really wish i had tonnes of money to burn. but then that could have been dangerous :)
i did walk away with a ring that i absolutely love. wanna see?



isn't it oh so pretty? this was designed and created by the talented janamade. she's a busy new mama, and she's starting to make an appearance in markets. funny thing, she's actually from my neck of the woods. but we had to go up island to meet. haha. i hope to see much more of her. she is super talented, and makes the most beautiful jewelry. i had crushes on lots all of her stuff! i have the "new ring" feel. you know, when you're newly engaged or just are sporting around something your fingers aren't used to wearing. it's making me gaze at it so many times. :) i love it!

i know that jana works with mostly silver and 14k gold. so it's really really good quality. she also had the coolest selection of leather earrings! honestly, this girl knows style.
i've been stalking her etsy shop, but since having her sweet boy, she's taken a vacay. she'll be reopening up the shop though, so i just have to be patient :) and by the looks of her most recent post on her blog, new things are a brewin'!  however, if you search under her sold items, you can see what's been hot. i know she's worked with custom orders too.


be sure to check out her flickr gallery to give you a great idea of what she creates. you can find all things janamade here:


make sure you head on over and show her some love! i am looking forward to seeing her at lots of markets :) yeah, the market atmosphere is so great! you just never know who you'll meet! and now that i've met jana, i bet i'll be sporting more of her goods by christmas. i just bet. :)

i had a lot of fun at this market, but i do think my product caters more towards fall and winter events... i do have one more summer market coming up that i'm excited about.. and i'll be chatting more about that as the time draws closer...

how about you? what is your fave thing about markets? do you make friends with the vendors like i do? are you planning on participating in many markets? how do you plan for them? do you bring extra moola with you to spend at other booths? xo

12 comments:

  1. Your booth looks adorable! I love the crochet garland, totally up my alley.

    I've only done one market and I was 6 months pregnant at the time...I didn't sell much but I learned a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to do one after we get settled in our new home.

    Love the new ring, so simple and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hannah! thanks so much. you should totally do another market! i bet there will plenty near your new home. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your booth looks amazing! And so inviting!! Those bunnies are just too darn cute!! And the daisies are a great touch!!

    I'm considering doing a market, but just don't think I have the guts to actually go through with it. I worry that I wouldn't have enough product or that I smelled if no one came near. :/ Completely irrational thinking, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the booth love! i feel like i'm still learning on how to get it looking inviting (such a good word!) oh and i bet you totally don't smell bad. hahaha

      Delete
  3. Wow Rebecca! Amazing job! I love seeing all the things you've made. I'm glad to hear it went well :)

    Lisa (Anthony's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lisa! hopefully next market you can make it :) i'd love to see ya!

      Delete
  4. Your booth looks pretty. SO much yarn goodness. I think you did a great job coming up with spring/summer inspired knits for your shop. I adore the bunny nuggets! I've been knitting them up here - very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i still always feel like i have a lot to learn about building up my booth but i do like what i have so far! also, yes the bunny nuggets are uber cute. you can't just make one, can you? hahah love your colours! xo

      Delete
  5. Oh that is soo exciting! I am still stocking up for my first one, but realistically will not be ready before the fall. Yours looks great!!!
    Off to enter the give-away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. monica, i know you'll do so great for the fall! knitting sells better in the fall and winter months too... xoxo

      Delete
  6. I'm doing my first spring craft show in just under 2 weeks. like you, I've done a couple of fall/winter shows because I think knits are better in the cold weather, but I too wanted to create some all season items to see if they would do well.

    your table looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much flora! i hope you do well at your market! let me know! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...